Friday 9 September 2016

Five Favourite ASMR Videos...

I think I've mentioned ASMR on this blog before, but if I haven't, or you're new here, I shall briefly explain what it is. 
ASMR is Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, and is the tingling feeling that you have when someone plays with your hair, or gives you a massage. This feeling can be triggered by sounds such as paper scrunching, or tapping on objects, or can be caused by gentle whispering and tongue-clicking noises. The trend for ASMR videos has increased rapidly on YouTube, and today I am going to share five of my favourites. 

In order to find these videos, click the link that is the title. 

Dodie was the YouTuber who introduced me to ASMR, and I really love this video; it's perfect for relaxing, and the structure of it is lovely. It's very comforting, and had to be here amongst my favourites. 

I really like this paper crumpling video, all of the sounds are so soothing, and really helps me to relax. There are no whispers in this one, but it's brilliant nonetheless. 

This is an incredible ASMR video, the tingles start almost immediately. The only thing I need to be careful of (and the reason I can't listen to binaural videos) is that it can make me incredibly dizzy, and sometimes even pass out. I don't understand it, but it happens. 

Dodie's bedtime story ASMR is really cool, because she layers three vocal tracks on top of each other, so it is more of a relaxing noise, than a story that you can follow. It's a very clever concept. 

Finally, this video of triggers to help you sleep is incredibly relaxing, with lots of sounds and whispering to gently guide you into a deep sleep. Lovely!

So, let me know what you think of ASMR, as it's not for everybody, and if you liked any of these videos.

Thank you!
- Dottie x



No comments:

Post a Comment