Monday 28 August 2017

Tea, Early Mornings, and Things to Look Forward To...

Hello there... If any of you have stuck around and read my blog for a while, you'd know that I am not going to university like most 18-year-olds are. Instead, I'm working, and trying to blog, and planning university open days and hopefully actually applying for uni because hey, I think I know what I want to do now. 

My job sometimes requires me to start at 6:30 in the morning, and yes it is a horrible thought but there's something wonderful about being up at 5am and watching the world wake up. Like the middle of the night, the early hours of the morning are perfect and untouched and beautiful. 
Early starts allow me to have the rest of the day to do nothing, or everything depending on how I'm feeling and I like that. There's no anxiety just waiting around to go to work, I just get up and go and have a day to do what I really want to. 

Usually, what I really want to do after working is curl up with a mug of tea and a book. I'm really enjoying writing book reviews and reading books, and with a to-be-read pile almost as tall as me, hopefully I'll be doing more of both of those during the next year of my life!

I've got more than books to look forward to, though! I'm hopefully going to be writing for Noizze, a site that publishes music reviews, which is something I'm really looking forward to, since I've not done any proper music reviews in such a long time and I do really enjoy it. 

So yes, this post is just a little update to let you all know what's happening in my life. I'm excited! 

- Dottie x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot going for you! That is a great thing! Watching the world wake is something I have not done in forever. I have been lazy and have been sleeping in way to late.

    ReplyDelete