Saturday 6 December 2014

Take Time To Relax...

Okay, so I think my previous post was about getting stressed from exams and pressure from school in general. 
I've not been able to post for a while, as I've left revision for my mock week until the last minute, as usual, and I've been finding it hard to take time out and relax. 

So this is what this post is about... 

Once a week, I'm going to have a day to chill out, spend time with my family, read a book, or just do anything that isn't school work. I went to a parents' evening thing at school last week, and my tutor told me to ensure that I do take time out to relax, so in a way, I am doing homework when I'm doing nothing. 

For the last week, I have been feeling the pressure; I've had eleven mock exams to revise for, and I would have started revising weeks ago (like at the start of November..) but my teachers think it's fun to overload us with homework. 

But that's not the point of this post. 

Anyone who gets stressed about school or exams, or feels anxious, or anyone who actually does any school work will understand where I'm coming from when I say that it is really important for both your mental and physical health that you take regular breaks from work, and take a day out once a week for yourself. 

Today is the first day in a long time that I've not done any school work, and I do feel kind of guilty about it, because I'm going to have lots to do tomorrow, but I don't know... 

I've revised for an exam every evening for the past week, so I need this time now more than ever, because I feel so worn out and tired. 

Hmm... This post had really no direction, but there is one point I cannot  stress enough, and that is: 
everyone needs a mental health day once in a while; we're not indestructible, and we're not robots. 

Okay, well I guess that's all... 
Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment