Friday 1 June 2018

Happy New.... Something?

Goodness me, it's June. And 2018. And it's been a long while since I've done this. So here's what I'm up to now...

Right this second I'm listening to Biffy Clyro's MTV Unplugged album. Possibly a review coming on that? This week I have been reading lots, sleeping lots, and having a break from work. I've also seen Solo: A Star Wars Story twice. 

Now for life in general... I'm still working in a builders merchants. My hours fluctuate - sometimes I'm there full time, others I work twelve hours a week. This leads to all sorts of issues with routine and not feeling mentally brilliant but I'm trying to see friends and keep busy when I'm not working. 
I'm also writing for two music publications. It's all online, but it's a brilliant experience and some really awesome stuff has happened since September, including seeing The Wombats with a press pass, and being sent the new Snow Patrol album by a PR company! (Also related to this - I travelled 120 miles to see one of my favourite bands play their biggest ever headline show. Maybe more on that if you're interested?)

I'm going to be heading to university in September to study Journalism and Publishing. It's so exciting but terrifying at the same time. I'm definitely ready to learn some new things, meet some new people, and to start becoming much more independent. But at the same time, I really don't want to move away from all of my friends and family, and I'm dreading living with - and sharing a kitchen with!!! - nine other strangers. 

So there we are. That somewhat brings us to today, where I've been to town, cut myself while shaving, and watched The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt for hours. It's going well. 

I guess I have hopes of resurrecting this blog, and of becoming more productive and determined to create good habits and routines. I don't want to promise too much, because I do tend to drop it all when things get overwhelming but we'll see how it goes. 

Love to you all 

- Dottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment