Monday 24 September 2018

Close

things are feeling just a little bit weird at the moment; things lack a certain closeness that i've previously only found within my little family. 

there are laughs, giggles, and heart-to-hearts, everything happy and bubbly and yet... superficial. these people that i have chanced upon have similarities and the same wants, needs, and likes but there is something there, a barrier that prevents us being close

there's a physical need for comfort
for a hug
a hand to hold.
not romantically, as wonderful as that is. 

Comfort.

i long for those quiet intimate spaces
another person at the end of the phone
at 2am,
voices soft, laughter hushed. 

the quiet as you fall asleep
miles apart but feeling closer than ever before. 


I long for those miles to be reduced
to millimetres,
to hear those whispers
accompanied by your breath in my ear.

i want to be held
i want to be
close.

1 comment:

  1. I am feeling all the feels. I loved this! I also understand this. Being away is hard <3

    ReplyDelete