Saturday 30 April 2016

A Little Story About a Song...

Hello all!! It's been a while since I uploaded anything really. Or it at least feels like it. But today is story time, so I hope you are all sitting comfortably!


I adore a Scottish rock band called Biffy Clyro. I discovered them after the release of the 2013 double album Opposites, and since then have been exploring their back catalogue, and just falling in love. They are one of my favourite bands, and while, yes, I forget this sometimes, I always find myself going back to them, and all of these emotions flood back. 

They released an album in 2007 called Puzzle. Said album can be heard in a depressing way, as I first heard it. To tell you the truth, I avoided listening to the album for a very long time after nearly crying over breakfast when listening to it. I wasn't in a very good head-space at the time. Nothing major, just y'know, a thing. When I finally went back to the album, I overlooked the lyrics and listened for the music. 
That lasted until the final track on the album. That song is called Machines and I want you to listen to it right this very second. Do so by clicking here. Listen to the lyrics... 

Simon Neil, the frontman of Biffy said of the song "This is an acoustic song we recorded on the last day in the studio. I wanted the album to end on a positive vibe. No matter what you go through there's always hope. You can make yourself happy." 
For me, that is what the song represents. The lyrics hit me and changed my outlook on life a little. It's become on of the things that I tell people now, when they feel that they're stuck in a rut - take it one day at a time, and just keep moving forward. Each day that you survive is a little victory, and these pieces will create the whole picture. 

I don't word it quite as well as that, but I mean it in that way. 

And there is a little story about my favourite song off my favourite album by one of my favourite bands. I think it's a song everyone will need to hear at some point in their lives, and if that point is now for you, then I hope it helped, and I hope you sort things out. 

I will leave you with a lyric from Biffy's new single, Wolves of Winter... 

You can achieve anything, just remember, no 'I' in 'team' 
There's two in 'brilliant' 


What a lovely lyric!
Bye for now, 
Dottie x


No comments:

Post a Comment