Thursday 7 April 2016

Music Questions Answered.... (Part One)

This post is inspired by Emma, who has written/will write her own answers to these questions! 

1. A song that you like with a colour in the title... Would have to be Small Blue Thing by a wonderful artist called Suzanne Vega. Her music is so beautiful and well-crafted, and I am pleasantly surprised to find that I own a few of her LPs.

2. A song that you like with a number in the title... Would be 20 Years by The Civil Wars. Again, their music is dominated by stunning acoustic guitar, and some really lovely vocals! 

3. A song that reminds you of summer time... Is George Ezra's Drawing Board. I find this song kind of funny, and just interesting, in a lyrical sense. I have a memory of waiting for the release of this album, and joining a listening party on Apple, as he streamed the album before it's release. The dude has also liked a couple of my tweets, too! Definitely one to check out, as are the rest of his songs. 

4. A song that reminds you of someone that you would rather forget about... Is really hard to come up with, as everyone in my life right now deserves a place here, and those who aren't in my life have left for a reason. I guess I could say Sum 41's Over My Head, as I know that someone I used to be really close to listened to it, before we kind of broke things off badly. However, we parted officially on good terms, so this is a terrible answer. 

5. A song that needs to be played LOUD... Is without a doubt Sorry You're Not a Winner by the bloody amazing Enter Shikari! I've seen them live twice, and each time, I had so much fun yelling along and moshing to this song. It's honestly just brilliant! Plus, okay dude, the video is funny/brilliant, okay?! 

6. A song that makes you want to dance... Is a song with the word 'dance' in the title; Shut Up and Dance With Me by WALK THE MOON is just a catchy song, and you have to dance around your room like an idiot every single time it plays. Every. Single.Time. 

7. A song to drive to... is again Shut Up and Dance With Me. Because I was in a car with Emma and her sister, and this song was played, and it just made me very happy! 

8. A song about drugs or alcohol... is a proper raw punk song by the Ramones called Now I Wanna Sniff Some Glue. Yup..It's the Ramones, so it's obviously a pretty raw, punky song.. And they were a '70s band, meaning there was a lot of drug use and abuse, and all of that jazz.. It's not necessarily a good song, but it fits the theme of this question, and I do quite like the band. 

9. A song that makes you happy... In particular, a song that makes me happy is Mad World, as covered by King Tut's Revenge. It's a really interesting take on the song, and gives a totally different emotion to both the original, and the better-known cover by Gary Jules. If you're ever down, just give it a listen, and have a dance. Boom! Instant mood booster right there. 

10. A song that makes you sad... I'm Here to Get My Baby Out of Jail, originally by The Everly Brothers, is a beautifully emotional song. The first time I heard it, it was covered by Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day) and Norah Jones, so that is the version I have linked. I can't really listen to the album they recorded, as it is really sad.. 

11. A song that you never get tired of... is Slash and Myles Kennedy's cover of Sweet Child O' Mine because it's stunning and so beautiful. I could most definitely listen to it again and again, and I actually do. Stunning. 

12. A song from your pre-teen years... When I was a pre-teen, I listened to lots of different music Not rock/punk/whatever I listen to now.. Just different, I guess, for a kid? A song from my pre-teen years would be Fire Coming Out of the Monkey's Head by a band called the Gorillaz... And I still listen to them today. Because the album this song is from is really cool, and you can shut up.. 

13. One of your favourite 80s songs... Is really difficult to choose, because I do tend to listen to an awful lot of 80s music sometimes, since I own over 100 vinyl LPs from late 70s/early 80s/90s.. I am not going to go with a typical 80s song for this, and am instead going to opt for Calypso by the stunning Suzanne Vega. I was listening to it the other day, and I cannot get over how beautiful it is. (Apologies about the quality, and the weird video..)

14. A song that you would love played at your wedding... Is a really difficult question to ask me, because thinking about a really long-term commitment like marriage really scares me, so I don't do so.. I am going to have to leave this question unanswered, sorry. 

15. A song that is a cover by another artist... I've already mentioned a few in this post, however I'm sure I can come up with one more.. A guy called Josh Pyke has done a pretty cool cover of Chandelier, which you should totally check out! I'm pretty sure he uses a loop pedal to do so, which I totally love! 

I hope you all found this post interesting! I actually found it really difficult to write! Look out for part two, coming at some point!!

Bye for now!!
- Dottie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment