Wednesday 17 August 2016

Peaceful Moments and Perfect Days...

I don't know if you've ever had such a lovely, carefree day that you go to sleep feeling so relaxing, and completely at peace with yourself, and you wake up the next day feeling oh so happy... But those days happen every so often for me. It's usually when I get out of the house, and spend time with people that matter. Those people could be my parents, my boyfriend, my sisters, or my best friends, it doesn't matter. What matters is the time that I'm spending with them, and how happy they make me. 

A few times now, I've gone for walks with my boyfriend, and it's so lovely to walk along in the beautiful sunshine (because going outside in the rain is gross), and to know that this wonderful human exists, and he's mine, and I'm his, and we love each other... I love those days... And then there's being able to mess around and laugh until I cry with my amazing best friends... Those people know how to cheer me up, even if no one else does! 

Yesterday, I went for a walk with my parents, and we took the dogs. We ended up at the most beautiful place, bathed in evening sunlight and surrounded by beautiful green trees... We saw a few wild boar, and hear birds and insects. The dogs were running around, and they looked so happy. It was so lovely, blissful and serene. We walked up a huge hill, and at the top, there were some big rocks that overlooked a quarry. Of course, I had to climb on them to get a photo! (see above!)

Then we were walking back to the car, and I was just taking photos of the sky, and the sunset, and it was so lovely. I felt genuinely happy, and at peace, and that's a beautiful feeling. Then, when we got home, we made mugs of tea, got snuggly sweaters, and sat outside around a fire, watching the stars. My older sister, her boyfriend, and my younger sister joined us, and we were all sat outside, stargazing, and talking. I cannot explain why moments like these mean so much to me, but I really, truly appreciate them. 
I feel like the world shows me these beautiful moments to remind me that it's not all bad. 

I hope you're all having a nice day/evening/night/whatever, and that peaceful, serene moments find you soon. 

Dottie x


2 comments:

  1. Aren't those the best times? I love when God gives me a gift in a sunrise, or the smile of someone I love. I can feel that peace you're talking about just radiating out of this post like a glow! It is the best feeling. I want more peace in my life, and I think walks and time spent slowly relaxing with family is a great way to get it. The bonfire and sweaters sound so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds like a nice time.

    ReplyDelete