Thursday 5 January 2017

2017 - What's in Store?

This is my first post of the new year, yippee! 2017 is the year of the rooster... I don't know what that means, but it's interesting nonetheless. There are big things happening this year, and in the foreseeable future, which is terrifying!

Firstly, I'm working crazy hours alongside my full-time college course, which isn't bad, as it's a nice little job at a trade counter, and the pay is really good for an 18-year-old! This means that I can worry less about affording things, and can treat my wonderful friends, family, and boyfriend to things occasionally! That is something that I'm really looking forward to. 

Secondly, I'm not going to university in September. I kind of figured that I've been in education for all of my memorable life, and I want to do something a little different! My two best friends and my boyfriend are staying at home too, and I really don't want to be leaving any of them behind. I know that not going to uni seems a bad idea, as so many people who take gap years end up with a gap life, but I just didn't see the point in applying for a course I didn't really want to do. So, I'm sticking around. 
I guess now I'll be able to focus properly on my paid employment, and my little corner of the internet. That's what I really want to do with my life. 

I haven't made any resolutions for this year, as last year I didn't do anything, and my life ended up in a pretty good place. I think that sometimes it's healthy to just take a step back and see what life throws your way, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I know that there are a few things, however, that I need to do for my happiness... 

I need to take more time to practice self-care. I should call in sick if I'm not feeling up to work or college, as I'm no use to anyone if I can't really stand upright... More bubble baths, movie nights, and novels to read. It's the best way to relax, and it's important to do that. I need to leave work at work, and college at college, as that's the best way to move forward from a bad day. 
Most importantly this year, I need to open up to people more, and rant about anything that I feel the need to. It's not attention-seeking, it's perfectly healthy. 

There are lots of things that I don't know about this year, but it feels like it's going to be a good one. I'm planning on lots of adventures and spending time with my loved ones, and that's the best thing anyone can do. 

I want to wish all of you the best for this year, and hope it brings you both health and happiness. 

Until next time, 
- Dottie x

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! I think that reading more books and leaving work at work and college at college are great ideas! I want to read more and worry less this year, too. Here's to hoping you have a great 2017! :)

    ReplyDelete