Sunday 10 July 2016

To the Baristas at my Favourite Coffee Shop...

Hi there... Good morning... Sorry, I know, it's almost closing time... 
I'll have a tea/hot chocolate/decaf mocha, please... Oh, I've got a loyalty card, too... Thank you... 

Thank you for being so polite at 8:30 in the morning, when I know no one really wants to be awake... Thank you for being able to work so well in the lunch time rush, and still be smiling when it's 5pm and you've been working for hours. Thank you for not getting mad because I ordered a decaf coffee and you need to wash the coffee thing... 

You work so hard to keep my favourite place, my happy place, tidy and safe, and relaxing. I love the environment there, and appreciate just how hard you have to work, to fuel people for their busy day at work, or to keep them awake after a sleepless night. Thank you for providing a safe refuge for a shy girl who ends up being an hour early for college, and for being so damn lovely... I appreciate you not thinking anything of it when my boyfriend and I almost fall asleep on the comfy couches, or spend 30 minutes past closing time just chatting... We didn't realise closing time was six pm! 

You make some really lovely coffees, and the hot chocolate? So good, and a really relaxing way to start my day... The environment is so peacegul, and that is so important to me. It makes me feel safe... 

I know I've said this a lot in this letter, but I really do want to say thank you for making my morning a little brighter, for helping to calm me after a bad day at college, and for being you, and working so hard at a job that must be difficult.. I really appreciate it.. 

Thank you, 
Dottie x

2 comments:

  1. This letter was amazing! As someone who works in the catering industry (ooh that sounds formal) it is amazing to hear someone appreciating the work people like me do. This is so lovely and thank you so much and this really struck a chord in me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I definitely have such an appreciation for those in the catering industry - I cannot even begin to fathom how difficult that must be! Thank you for taking the time to read my little post about it :) x

      Delete