Tuesday 19 July 2016

The World is a Confusing Place...


The world is huge. I know so many people will say "oh, it's a small world!" and I suspect this is with a hint of irony. 
I am someone who has never travelled, never left the UK, and I would love to. There are so many people in this world, with different thoughts and emotions, different lives and different stories. Isn't that amazing? Each person has a different story to tell, different things that keep them getting up each morning... 

The world is huge, and the world is beautiful. There are some truly awful things happening around it right now, which I won't go into detail on, as that's not the point of this post, but I believe that despite all of the bad, the fear, and the hatred, people are predominantly good. I try to mostly associate myself with wonderful, kind people, and this works. All those around me that I love are the most wonderful, caring human beings that I would in no way wish to change, or replace. And there are people like that everywhere, if you know where to look, and what to look out for. 
I see so much scapegoating, and finger-pointing, trying to find blame for the state of the world right now. We are protecting ourselves against ourselves... We are all humans, on a planet that is fragile, and I don't understand how people haven't realised this yet... I don't understand how the world works, or the thirst for power that some have... 

I want to explore, and know more about the planet that I call 'home'. There are vast, endless deserts out there, and harsh, violent tundras... Complex, magical rainforests and cities that are bustling with people from the four corners of the earth... It's incredible, and I want to know so much more than I do about the world... 

I don't really know where I'm going with this. I guess I am trying to say that one person is but a minuscule dot on a map; in the grand scheme of things, I am insignificant, as is what I do. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't try to do something great. That is no excuse for being a bad person. Like I said, I believe people to be primarily good, yet some see their awful actions as justified... If everyone did, the world would end up in even more chaos.. But, we are good. We know what is right. And little things add up... 

If each of us do our part to be good people, it helps. You'll make someone's day. Smile at them. Be a wonderful human. 

Dottie x

No comments:

Post a Comment