Friday 14 August 2015

Ain't No Party Like a Ska Party!!

Hey guys!!

So this week, I saw Less Than Jake, a ska-punk band from America.. And it was awesome!! Before I continue this post, I want y'all to watch this video, to see how awesome ska shows are!! 


This is from their 2015 USA tour, but it was like this on both of their UK tours this year.. Basically, drinking, dancing, circle pits, balloons, toilet paper/streamer cannons.. So much energy.. 

I don't really remember much of the night (I wasn't drunk, just I don't remember..) but it was crazy fun, as it was when I saw them in March when they toured with Yellowcard.. 

I got to the barrier, because it was a small club show, and not many people watched the support bands, who were pretty awesome! I spoke a little to the girls stood either side of me, one of whom suggested I go to the bar to get earplugs, as she noticed me touching me ears.. I already had earplugs.. Also, she saved my place when I needed to go pee before Less Than Jake went on stage.. 

I'm not really sure what I want to talk about today, but ska music is really cool.. It's really different to the stuff that's on the radio, and it's so fun to dance to!! Usually the band members are half-drunk, which is always funny, and everyone there is really nice..

I've been lucky enough to see LTJ twice, Reel Big Fish once, and a couple of local ska bands, and it's always been great fun..  I guess now my advice would be to go see a ska band if you get the chance, because the music is kinda infectious.. You can't help but dance! 


Now I'm going to tell you that the venue was really nice!! There are two different rooms in the venue I went to, a small 'club' room, and a larger room.. I was in the club-style room, and while it was dark, the toilets were really nice (!!!!!! Never usually happens!!) and the layout of the room was pretty cool, although there was no air conditioning, since it was a large warehouse.. 

Any-whoo, I can't think of anything else to write about ska, so I'm gonna stop now..
- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment