Wednesday 21 October 2015

7 Cups of Tea...

No, my obsession with tea has not intensified... 7 Cups of Tea is a website with active listeners, who will help people who are struggling with any problems in their life, or anyone who would just like to talk. 

I first found out about this website when I saw a text post in my Instagram feed with a list of websites everyone should know about. 7 Cups was one of them. I didn't think too much of it to start with, but it stayed in my mind. Then I came across it again when someone I followed said they became a listener and someone gave them a lovely review. 

I guess the point of this little bit is, even if you don't think you need the website right now, don't forget about it. It does help. 

I became a member on 7 Cups when I started college, because I felt really alone, and my friends from school didn't really understand, even though they were all in a similar position to me. So I made a member account on 7 Cups, and spoke to a couple of different listeners. They were all really professional and lovely, although I feel like one of them was flirting with me? Anyway, the point is, the listeners really helped me. 
Once I became more confident at college, I started talking on the group support chats, such as High School Support, and trying to help other people who were feeling down, or alone. It was recommended to me by a few people that I should become a listener. 

On Saturday, I did become a listener. Now, while it is difficult at times, it is rewarding. Knowing that I've helped some people means such a lot to me, because I feel as though, even by being there and talking, I've impacted someone's life. I can't tell you anything about the conversations I've had, due to listener confidentiality, however, I have helped people. And that means the world to me. 

Now, I'm going to tell you a little about some of the people I've encountered on the group supports. The first thing I should tell you is that while they are a little opinionated, they are some of the nicest people I have spoken to. 7 Cups is such a lovely little community, where you don't judge and you can be yourself. 

Even if you don't have anything to talk to a listener about, I do recommend talking on the group supports. 

So there we are. 7 Cups of Tea. Go check it out here
And check out my listener profile here

Bye for now!
- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment