Friday 13 November 2015

I Did the Pretty!!

This wasn't the post that I had planned for today, but I did my hair this morning, and then my makeup, and I feel pretty!!!


It's weird, because in college, all of the girls on my course always make an effort, and wear pretty clothes, and their hair and makeup is always perfect. If I'm honest, I always feel a bit of a mess around them. I usually rock up at college in a band tee that is too big, and my black skinny jeans that I've been wearing all week. My hair is usually all out of place and flicky from standing at the bus stop in the rain, and my skin is kinda bad at the moment, so that's that. I always feel like a mess. Oh, and I look like I can't be bothered... Which I usually can't... 

But anyway, as I already said, today I've done my hair and makeup, and I'm wearing pretty clothes!! I'm not going anywhere, but I feel cute!! It's nice to know that, even if I don't, I can make an effort and look pretty! 

Also, it's FUN!!! 

So now I'm going to bore you all with photos and some information about the makeup I used... I apologise in advance... 


Okey dokey, so here is some of the makeup that I used. (The nicer stuff!!) I used the darkest Rimmel London eyeshadow to fill in my eyebrows, and it looks pretty cool, hahah!! I might start doing this everyday, because having dark eyebrows is great!! 

The Jane Iredale lipgloss is the one I wore for my prom, and the makeup artist lady gave it to me!! It's probably the nicest piece of makeup I own! It's not super-sticky, like some lipglosses, and I believe that it's not tested on animals, yay!! (I put the Nivea lip butter on before the lip gloss!)


The Barry M Natural Glow Palette 2 contains six eyeshadows, and a primer, which, as you can see in the photo to the right, it's not so great, as it goes flaky... Anyway, I put the pale grey on as a base shae, and used the dark, sparkly purple/grey (next to the primer) in the crease of my eye. Then, I put on some black eyeliner (which was meant to be thin, but it didn't work...), and lots of mascara. 
I look so autumnal!!

The last thing I did was put on the cheap, crappy foundation that I own, and I probably should have done that first... Oops. 
I feel like I should point out here that I do actually know how to do makeup, as my mum's friend is a beautician, and she spent an evening teaching my sister, my mum, and I how to apply makeup properly. I just can't do it very well. 

I curled my hair using my (mum's) hair straighteners, and now my hair has even more split ends, because I don't use heat protection when I straighten it. I also used some hairspray to attempt to keep the curls (it won't work, but still), and some Batiste dry shampoo because I didn't wash my hair this morning. 

And yaaaaaaay, I did the pretty!!!! 
Of course I had to take a million photos of myself, because that's what you do when you feel pretty, right?? The photo to the right is me pulling a stupid grin, and I just like the colour of my hair in the photo above... 

I know that I probably look awful to some of you, but I believe that I look nice, despite my hair not being perfectly curly, and sucking at makeup, and putting together cute outfits. 

But, y'know what, screw you!! I feel pretty today, and I want to document it, so that I can look back and remember the day I actually bothered!! Yay!!! 

Sorry for all of the photos of my face. Maybe you should do the pretty? Honestly, even if you're not going anywhere, just make an effort. For yourself. 

So there we are. I can be pretty! Yay!
Have a nice day, 
Dottie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment