Saturday 13 February 2016

Friday Night Was Movie Night!!

Yep, indeed!! Friday nights are movie nights.. Well. Last night was! For most people here in the UK, it's now officially half term, which means that all of us in school/sixth form/college get a week off, to rest and recuperate. Pretty cool, huh?! 

Cute bubble bath!
So, after a busy week at college, I decided that it would be quite cool to just have a bit of a girly evening. After college, I popped into Superdrug to get some tea tree oil (for spots), and I also picked up a tea tree spot stick, and a tea tree face mask.. (I like tea tree, okay?! Also it's great for spots, just don't ever put pure tea tree oil on your face!!)
It turns out that an offer was running, and because I purchased two selected skin care products, I got a Patisserie de Bain cranberries and cream gift set.. 


So yes, I got home from college and just chilled out all evening, and then decided around 7:30 to run a bubbly bath and use my face mask, which, can I point out, smells so weird. Like it's nice, because of the tea tree, but it's also so medical and just not nice.. 
Anyway, I had a nice bubble bath and a face mask, and felt really relaxed afterwards. I then made a cup of (really nice!) tea, and got some chocolate, and logged into Netflix. 
Now, if you've got Netflix, you'll know that there are very few good movies on there.. So after an awful lot of searching, I decided to watch one called Family Weekend. The description of the film makes it sound really, really weird, but it was actually rather good, and quite emotional.. A few tears spilled out, okay?! 
I'm going to attempt to describe what it's about, but you'll honestly just have to watch it, because it sounds so weird.. Okay. A 16 year old girl is really into competitive jump rope, and her family don't turn up to one of the competitions, so she basically 'kidnaps' her parents, and tries to fix her family.. And yeah.. It's weird, but kinda cool.. 

I kind of remembered, after taking the time to care for myself, that it's important to do so. At the moment, I always seem to be caught up in something, be it finding jobs to apply for, or talking to someone who needs me then and there, or just trying to get ready for bed so that I won't be tired the next day.. It's not even like I'm doing stuff like working, or homework, and yet I always seem to be busy.. It's strange. But, I managed to take some time out, and just relax. It was rather wonderful, and I feel like I need to remember to do so more often.. 
It's really important to actually take time out, so that your mind can rest, because stressing all of the time is not good for you.. So, this week, if you're reading this, I'd like to set you a challenge. Take one evening this week, to have a movie night. Or, if you've got the time, maybe a whole day! Just take a little bit of time to reset, because honestly, you'll thank yourself for it!!

Have a good week!
- Dottie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment