Saturday 12 September 2015

How To Survive Being Ill...

I'm ill. I have a cold. Just in time for college. Its not fun... So I thought I'd write about how to survive it... Because it's such an original topic and all... 

  • Stay hydrated. I feel like I say this a lot, especially recently, but it is really important. Don't drink sugary drinks like Coke or energy drinks, because they're actually really bad for you. Try and drink water, or water-based drinks like tea. I'm currently drinking a cup of strawberry and raspberry tea sweetened with honey.. It's not the nicest, but it helps. 
  • Get enough sleep. Its recommended that you get at least 8 hours' sleep every night, and its really important that you get enough sleep when you're ill, so that your body can repair itself. It also means you don't have to be awake to deal with feeling terrible, so its win-win really! 
  • Make sure you eat enough. Seriously. I know when you're ill you might not feel like eating, but its really important that you do. Just try and eat little snacks throughout the day. 
  • If you feel really terrible, have a day off. Call in sick, or stay home from school. Have a movie day and curl up under a blanket and just relax. It really does help you to feel better if you take a day out and don't stress out. I'm hoping I can survive until Wednesday, which actually is my day off! 
  • If you really feel terrible, take some medication, like cough syrup or something. It does help. 
So that's it really. Basically just get enough sleep, and drink lots of water. 

I apologise for the poor quality of this post, and the lack of regular posts, but college is really wearing me out... I'll try and sort a regular schedule soon. 

Feel better soon, 
- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment