Thursday 17 December 2015

I'M TIRED AND PUNK ROCK!!!

Last night, I went to a gig!! And it was really, really FUN!!!! I've really missed going to punk gigs, and having people slamming into me, and the music being too loud and just being around people with similar mindsets and attitudes to music and gigs and stuff. So that was fun!

And today I went shopping with my older sister, and I did the thing where I spent too much money.. Money that I'm not even sure that I have.. (I need a job!!) 

I got a really nice denim jacket, and it's so cute and I feel so punk and awesome when I wear it!! It was from Fat Face, and it was £25 reduced from £48, so I kiiiiiiind of had to get it.. But it's an investment buy, I swear!! If I look after it, it should last a long while. So there. I didn't waste my money.. 

Okay, I probably did. And I've spent most of today justifying that it was worth spending money I don't have on a jacket that I don't need. And thinking of how great/gross the gig last night was. I'm going to write about that, now.. Because it was awesome. 

I saw the lovely guys in Dead, and they were pretty awesome! But, as they were first support, they played a twenty minute set, so it wasn't as fun as it would have been if they'd headlined. The second band were, um, odd. The singer kept saying that every song was their last song, and I just wasn't that into it.. And then there was Turbowolf, who were insane!! Emma, they're probably not your type of band, but I loved them. It made me realise that I've really missed the whole gig scene, and how much fun it is to join in with crowd activities and to not care how messy/sweaty I look, or if I look like an idiot, because no one else cares about those things, either!! 

Now I've been to a lot of gigs. I've seen George Ezra live three times. His music is different to the stuff I usually listen to, more acoustic and less punk-influenced, and you can tell by the crowd that he attracts. When water gets handed out at the alternative gigs, people usually share it around, make sure no one gets hurt, etc., whereas pop gigs, it's more selfish, every man for himself type behaviour.. I don't even know why I'm writing this, it isn't at all relevant to what I wanted to write about today.. 

I am very tired. I probably shouldn't have gone shopping today, after going to the gig last night, but there we go.. Also I managed to mess up my Converse. If I remember, I'll post a picture soon. I don't know what happened, but they look really gross now, haha!!

I'm going to stop writing now, because I am just writing crap, and I hate doing that. 


Bye for now!! 
- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment