Saturday 23 January 2016

17 Things About 17 Year Old Me

This is my most recent photo of myself.. I thought it was valid to this post...
So I turn 18 in October.. And that terrifies me, and also kind of excites me... And I think it would be nice to have something to look back on, to see what I'm doing right now, at 17.. So without further ado, let's go for it...

  1. I want to explore the music industry as much as possible. I know I want to work in the music industry, but there are so many things that I don't know about, and I want to just try everything, because what if I don't have a go at something that I might end up falling in love with? 
  2. I have never been in a relationship and I am scared of being in one.. I just don't know how to be, and just everything about it frightens me.. 
  3. I love music. All music. I appreciate how difficult it is to create a piece of music that works, and how much you doubt yourself when you're creating. But I guess punk/rock/indie music is my favourite.. 
  4. I'm getting fed up of playing guitar. I don't know why, but recently I've just gone off it.. I want to be able to do all of these amazing things, and I can't.. Maybe that's why.. It is quite off-putting when you aren't where you want to be.. 
  5. I still struggle to talk to people, and it really bothers me.. Like I'm 17 years old and I can't string a sentence together when I talk to someone new?! 
  6. I cannot wait to go to university.. It will be a whole new adventure! I want to live alone, and have everything organised the way that I want to, and have peace and quiet, and just yeah.. I want to learn new skills and make new connections and know new people.. I am really excited!! 
  7. I want to be vegetarian but I don't really like food. It sounds stupid, but I just don't.. I want to change that this year. Hopefully I will. 
  8. I love writing! I'm starting to take this whole blogging thing seriously, and I'm volunteering for an online music blog/magazine. As of this moment, I haven't written anything, but soon!! 
  9. I designed a t-shirt for a band. They're a very small band, but still.. I can't get over that!!
  10. I love learning and I never want to stop learning. I never want to be content with my skill set, and I want there to always be something that I want to try my hand at!! 
  11. I cannot make my mind up about my style; some days I dress punk/rocker/indie, and others I wear cute clothes and pretty makeup. I am both, and that is okay.. I enjoy it. 
  12. I know I can do anything I put my mind to, but sometimes my mind tells me that I'm wrong. I try not to listen to it, though. 
  13. Most people watch movies, or take bubble baths to relax. I don't relax completely unless I've been to a gig. It helps me to get all of my anger and emotions out. It's a thing.. I think? 
  14. I want to do yoga. 
  15. I love cute animals.. They make me so happy. I think this is why I buy cruelty-free beauty products as often as I can. 
  16. I don't take selfies (ugh hate that word), but I am trying to love myself.. So far, I think it's working.. 
  17. I see myself as an artistic person. I might not be very good at anything artistic, but one day.. Because after all, practice makes perfect!! 
So there we are.. 17 things about myself.. If you read it, I hope you found it interesting!!

Bye for now!!
- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment