Sunday 3 January 2016

I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker... With Flowers in My Hair!

Okay, so recently I've been paying with the idea of dying my hair again. So, for anyone who doesn't know, in summer, I had my hair dyed a really bright purple/pink colour, and it faded stupidly fast when I went to Reading Festival. Since then, I've been letting it grow out, and the colour has faded from a weird purple/pink, to orange, and now it's a slightly orange-blonde colour.. My natural colour is a kind of dark blonde, I guess? So my roots a tad darker than the rest of my hair. 

And I want to dye it again. Not all of it, just some of it.. But I want to be adventurous, and while I don't have a job, and college doesn't care, I can do that! So this is what I want... 

I am tempted to get my hair cut even shorter, so, like chin length, and being shorter at the front? OR I want to dye it again underneath. Because punk rock. 

The colours I'm considering are dark green, like really dark green, or bright blue? Because why not?? Something like the image below. 
From Pinterest


I don't know what it is about dyed hair, but I just really like it! There's still something very 'alternative' and punk rock about it.. Something that makes people look at you and think "hmm, yeah, they're uh different?" As always, I don't really know where I'm going with this, but I want my hair dyed again!! 


Although there are some downsides to dyed hair.. I mean, every time you wash it, you get dye everywhere.. Think coloured shampoo splashed on the walls of the shower.. And the sun can cause it to fade.. If you have purples, pinks, reds, etc. they will fade. Like a lot. 

And also I probably can't dye my hair green because a girl in my class at college has green hair.. Yup.. That would just be really awkward.. I don't like to be seen to be copying people, which is why I haven't got my nose pierced. I just like to be an original, and one of the girls with her nose pierced might get funny with me, which isn't what I want..

I don't know, though.. Hair dye and hair styles are a great way to express yourself, and it's just a pretty cool thing. So, if I get a job, then I can afford to dye my hair! Yay, exciting!! 

Bye for now! 
- Dottie. 

2 comments:

  1. This is cool! I always wanted a blue or purple streak in my hair when I was younger, but I have never actually dyed my hair. I say go for blue! Also, there's a 40 year old teacher's assistant in one of my classes at college, and she has a buzzed pink mohawk! And one of my friends wants to dye her hair green when she's a grandma. So maybe crazy cool hair doesn't just have to be for when you're young :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, go for it!! You could always try a semi-permanent one, so if you don't like it, it goes back to normal!!
      and oh my gosh, that's so cool!! Haha I guess that's true.. Yeah, you're right, you can explore new hair colours and try new things at any age!! :D

      Delete