Friday 1 January 2016

Welcome to 2016!

Happy new year!! It's bloody 2016, this is crazy!! And I've got a feeling this year is going to be a good one.. Because it can be, if I make it so, and I keep thinking positive. 

Anyway, there are some things I'd like to see happen this year, and I feel like I should write them here. They aren't exactly resolutions, but still.. Let's goooo...

I want to listen to more vinyl. I have a lot of LPs that were given to me by my uncle and my dad, and I don't really listen to them.. I want that to change. I listen to so much music, all different types, and I feel like those records just sitting there are wasting their potential.. But not any more!! I plan to get in touch with my hipster/indie side (because let's face it, I'm basically a hipster..) and listen to those 80s (like actually from the 80s) vinyls!! 

Crappy quality, apologies. 
I want to take more photos, and be just generally more artistic, in both the sense of actual art, and making music. Because both of those make me happy. And that's what's important. Also, I want to be able to tab songs by myself.. That is the goal, and I currently really struggle with it.. But I'm going to practice what I preach, and just do it, because practice makes perfect!! 

I would also really like to get a job. It's getting to the point now where I kind of need one. I can't keep asking my parents for money, or just y'know, not going out.. I have more friends, a bit further away, and I want to hang out with them, and treat them to tea, or just buy someone a bar of chocolate to make them smile.. SO I need to get a job.. Also I am 18 this year, soo.. You see my point, right? 

This blog is another thing. I've fallen in love with blogging, and writing, again, and I want to see this blog grow, and continue to prosper.. So we may see a redesign in the next few months!! Exciting, right?!

And finally this year, I want to do anything that makes me happy. Whether it's buying a stupid pair of boots, or dying my hair green. I'm going to do it. Because that's what's important, in the end.. Happiness.. Making time for myself.. Making sure that I'm okay, because, as I constantly say on 7 Cups of Tea, you are the most important person in your life. 

So go out there, be unapologetically yourself, and do what makes you happy. Don't say this year is your year, make this year your year!!

Happy 2016 guys!! 

- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment