Monday 4 January 2016

Sometimes, I Am Sad.

Because there is happiness in every day! 
Sometimes, I am sad. Sometimes, everyone is sad. It's a part of life, a part of being human. 
As a human being, we can explore complex emotions, and different thoughts and feelings. We experience things, and each one of us experiences these things in a slightly different way, because our brains are wired a different way, we think differently, we grew up differently.

It's weird, the way that, even if two identical people were brought up exactly the same way, things would still probably be slightly different for them.. I don't really know how it works, or why, but I'm pretty sure it's a thing. 


And sometimes we are sad. It's life. Without the sadness, and the darker emotions, we wouldn't be able to identify when we experience happiness, or lighter emotions. Make sense? But something that I think happens for all people is, when we are sad, or angry, or anxious, we don't think that there will be a way out; our minds get stuck in this stupid sad, anxious, angry place, and we get ourselves stuck. 
Or, at least, that's how it is for me, anyway. 
Despite all of the happy experiences and moments, and days I've had in my life, I still get stuck in that place, and I forget, sometimes, that happiness exists. But, for some reason, today was different. I was curled up in bed, playing Candy Crush, as you do when you're sad (and have an essay/assignment to write..), and I couldn't stop thinking of my friends. I was thinking about Emma and Vicky, and how close we are, and how happy I am when I'm with them. Seriously, they make me laugh more than anyone else. And I was thinking of my new friend from college, who I hung out with on Thursday. We got tea, and he just stupid little things that make me smile. 

And I think we forget about these little moments. I don't know if you've read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but if you haven't, you should. It's very insightful, and very good. But anyway, there's a little bit in that book about when you're happy, you should try to remember the moment, take a snapshot and file it away so that you can look at it when you're sad.. I mean, it doesn't always work, but it's a nice thought, right?

I don't know about anyone else, but when I used to get sad, I'd do stuff to make it worse, like look at people's perfect lives on Twitter and Facebook, and I would just get even more sad because my life wasn't like theirs.. But I've realised now, my life is perfect. But we look at all of these stunning beauty YouTubers, and see their glamorous lifestyle, and it's easy to get upset, because why is my life not like hers? Why don't I have perfect skin, or voluminous hair? So I usually end up in this stupid, deep well of sadness. And I'm not letting that happen today. 



Nope. No way. Today, I actually started thinking of my friends, and how lucky I am.. And I tried on my beautiful new Cherry Red Docs, and cheered up.. That wasn't the only thing that cheered me up, but it was certainly one of them.. It's like the Paolo Nutini song about putting on new shoes and being happy..
Except my new Docs will take ages to break in.. So I won't be happy, but whatever.. 


I remembered what I was writing about now!!

I wanted to say that sometimes I get sad about my life. I want to be an adult, with a job I love, and I want to be really good at makeup and have flawless skin and a cute, petite dainty face shape.. But I can still be happy right here, right now.

I might be the biggest nerd ever to walk this earth, but I embrace that. I am proud of that. And I might wear stupid, clumpy combat boots. But I can bloody well rock those combat boots!! 


Sadness is an inevitable part of life, it's part of the human thing we all do, y'know, where we feel emotions.. But I think some sadness can be avoided by learning to love yourself.. So many people can look in a mirror and criticize themselves; everyone has flaws, or imperfections, but if you look at someone, just glance at them, you don't see them.. You look at the girl with the blue hair and think "wow, she's brave, and stunning!" or the guy with the Docs and band tee and see him as himself, despite maybe having bad skin or messy hair.. 

You can avoid some sadness by making peace with yourself, instead of fighting a war constantly.. You might be a dork, but you're you, and isn't that awesome? Like so what if you don't listen to the same music as everyone else, or you don't wear a face full of makeup. If you can learn to love yourself, and be happy with yourself, then things will be better. 

All it takes is a little love!! 

Bye, bye! 
- Dottie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment